SENIOR QUALITY ANALYST
Reference #: 8751
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Business Line: Geomatics
SENIOR QUALITY ANALYST, CALAGARY, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Quality Analyst to join our Geomatics Group, located at our Calgary, AB office. Reporting to the Director Quality & PMO this position will be responsible for Maintaining, Improving, and Supporting the Geomatics Quality Management System processes.
- Following established Quality Management System Processes
- Managing the QMS and all its documents
- Improving the QMS by developing documentation and driving process improvement to ensure all Geomatics functions are effectively planned, executed and controlled
- Acting as champion of QMS
- Preparing Quality content for proposals
- Preparing Project Quality Plans
- Supporting projects when requested by the PM and/or Client (e.g. representing Quality on progress meetings, tracking & reporting Quality statistics, acting as Client liaison for project quality issues)
- Leading internal project, process, program and system Quality Audits
- Acting as a WSP Quality Network Individual, performing Project Health Checks
- Managing Quality issues investigation, tracking and reporting
- Escalating High-Risk Quality Action Requests to Director, Quality & PMO, Geomatics
- Hosting Management Review Meetings
- Reporting Quality metrics (e.g. internal audit results, issue trends, improvement actions) internally and/or externally as required
- At least 5 years directly managing a complex Quality Management System
- At least 1 year auditing experience
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001 standard
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Geomatics knowledge is an asset
- Bentley ProjectWise software experience is an asset
- Quality certification is an asset
- French language skill is an asset
- High level of proficiency in deductive reasoning
- Can work unsupervised, but works well with others
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Approachable, with an attitude of encouragement
- Improvement focused. Embraces change and strives for efficiency
- Analytical, detailed, organized and thorough
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.