ASQ is a global community of people passionate about quality, who use the tools, their ideas and expertise to make our world work better.
ASQ Calgary Mission:
To be recognized in Southern Alberta as the “Quality Source”, a non‐profit association, that promotes and advances quality concepts through awareness, education, participation, and reliable member services.
Thank you for all the volunteers, speakers and attendees who helped make our Quality conference a success. ASQ Calgary will be working with ASQ Edmonton to make the next conference in Edmonton a success. As the conference grows we hope to make it an event for the whole province that both sections can share in. Stay tuned for more details and dates.
This does not mean that ASQ Calgary has given up on providing learning and networking opportunities. In fact, be on the lookout for another dinner meeting before the year end and another very popular quality bus tour. If you are interested in helping out as a volunteer for either of these activities please let us know or attend the next exec meeting Feb. 22. If you know a great dinner speaker or operations that we could tour please let us know.
The QDG’s are ongoing as well and proving to be a very popular way to learn new things and network. We are here to provide value to our members and we need you to tell us what that value should look like.
I am looking forward to your responses and a great 2017.
- “Quality begins on the inside... then works its way out.” ― Bob Moawad
- “Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way... you become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.” ― Aristotle
- “Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.” ― Edsger W. Dijkstra
- “When Americans say it was great, I know it was good. When they say it was good, I know it was okay. When they say it was okay, I know it was bad.” ― Laura Klos Sokol
- “People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it” ― Howard Newton
- “Quality takes time and reduces quantity, so it makes you, in a sense, less efficient. The efficiency-optimized organization recognizes quality as its enemy. That's why many corporate Quality Programs are really Quality Reduction Programs in disguise.” ― Tom DeMarco, Slack: Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency
ASQ Calgary Upcoming Events:
Visit our website to view upcoming events organized by ASQ Calgary.
2nd Annual ASQ Calgary Quality Conference
Thank you to all sponsors, exhibitors, and participants including the delegates who attended the 2nd Annual ASQ Calgary Quality Conference on Friday, November 4, 2016. It was a successful event. Quality professionals from the region attended the conference and benefited from the distinguished speakers. ASQ Calgary is pleased to share few pictures of the conference.